Logitech McLaren G Challenge E-Racing Competition
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER
OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW
The Logitech McLaren G Challenge E-Racing Competition 2021 Swiss Wildcard Qualifier series (“Competition”) is promoted by Logitech Europe SA, EPFL Innovation Park Daniel Borel Innovation Center, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland (“Logitech”).
The Competition is a video game competition organized in Switzerland (the “CH Region”) and is governed by these Official Rules. These Official Rules are a binding agreement between Logitech and the Racers (as defined below) and govern the provision of the services performed by Racers in connection with their participation in the Competition. By entering the Competition, all applicants and Racers accept and agree to abide by these Official Rules.
No registration or attendance fees are required in order to participate in the Competition.
The CH Region will host the Competition. The winner of the Competition will be classified to compete in the online European regional wildcards finals (the “Online European Regional Wildcards Finals”).
The top three (3) winners of the Online European Regional Wildcards Finals will be classified to compete in the Grand final of the 2021 Logitech McLaren G Challenge E-Racing (“the “Grand Final”), the winner of which will be crowned the 2021 Logitech McLaren G Challenge E-Racing world champion (“Champion”).
By entering the Competition, all Participants are Racers also agree to abide by the 2021 McLaren G Challenge E-Racing Official Rules (available here or at www.logitechgchallenge.com).
The Prizes (as defined below) awarded in compliance with the Official Rules are the consideration for the services provided by Racers in connection to their participation in the Competition.
- RACERS ELIGIBILITY
- Registration Period(s); Acceptance of the Official Rules
Racers must register in one of the 7 Racing Stations at Media Markt (Basel, St.Gallen, Dietikon, Dietlikon, Meyrin, Crissier, Grancia) with their First Names, Last Names, Dates of Birth, Mobile Numbers, and accept these Official Rules to participate. The local Logitech promotor will create the Challonge account and set the race time at the leaderboard. It is not possible to qualify online or without the promoter as the observer.
Registration Period: Every Friday and Saturday vom 05. November 2021 um 22 Uhr MEZ bis 11. Dezember 2021, 20 Uhr MEZ
All registration forms must be completed and received by Logitech within the Registration Period. Registrations received after the Registration Period will be automatically discarded.
Any Racer who is under the age of majority must get permission from his or her parent or legal guardian to register. The Competition is void where prohibited by law.
Logitech reserves the right:
- to alter, amend or supplement these Official Rules from time to time as it considers necessary to clarify, correct errors or comply with changes in applicable law, with a goal to ensure a fair Competition for all Racers;
- to cancel, change or suspend the Competition, or any part of it, if cheating, a virus, bug, or any other unforeseen or unexpected events that affects the conduct, safety, fairness and/or integrity of the Competition;
- to modify, suspend, postpone or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Competition, or any part of it, with or without prior notice, for reasons outside of its reasonable control, including, without limitation, any Force Majeure event (as Force Majeure is defined in Section 5.4).
Racers must be at least 16 years old at the time of registration and be at least the minimum age required to have a full ACC account in the CH Region. Racers under the age of majority must have a parent or legal guardian review and consent to these Official Rules on their behalf.
Racers will have to sign a participation and release form (“Participation and Release Form”) with Logitech as a precondition to participating in Competition, the content of which will require (amongst other things) Racers to:
- confirm their acceptance of these Official Rules and commitment to provide their services in compliance with these Terms and conditions;
- an acknowledgement that Logitech, its group companies and their licensees will be entitled to use and exploit the videos sent to Logitech;
- an agreement to participate in publicity and media activities relating to the Competition, as required;
- consent to Logitech, its group companies and their licensees using the Racer’s name, voice, slogan, likeness, photographs, images (still and moving), biography, quotes, prize information, in game name, statistics and performance in the Competition for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes without further payment or compensation and assigning any intellectual property created during the Competition (as the case may be);
The Participation and Release Form will be provided to participants at the Swiss Final at Dietlikon. Racers who do not complete the Participation and Release Form, fail or refuse to sign and/or return the said Form, will not be allowed to participate in the Competition
Racers must be legal residents in Switzerland to participate in the Competition.
- Logitech Employees, McLaren Employees; conflict of interests
The officers, directors and employees of Logitech, Kunos Simulazioni S.R.L. (“Kunos”), iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations LLC (“iRacing”), McLaren Racing, eStudios Schweiz their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, as well as all advertising, marketing and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Competition and immediate family members (parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, siblings, civil partners or spouses) or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
- REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
- Game Copy and Account
Racers must: (i) have or be willing to have an Challonge account with an individual username. This username must not include any obscene, vulgar or profane words, phrases or inferences. Racers with a username that does not comply with these requirements will be immediately disqualified at the sole discretion of Logitech.
Furthermore, to be eligible to participate in the Competition, Racers must:
- hold a valid government-issued identification (e.g. passport, ID card, driving license, …);
- not have been convicted of any criminal offences;
- get parental consent and parental accompaniment if the Racer is under the age of majority;
- be in good general health to take part in the Competition, at their own risk; and
- not have an existing racing or sim racing contract with any motorsports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with their ability to compete and accept the consideration for the services performed under these Official Rules granted as Competition prizes (“Prizes”).
Failure to comply with any verification procedures conducted by Logitech will result in disqualification from the Competition and/or withdrawal of the Prizes.
- Invalid Entries
Logitech will not accept Competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- Entries per Person
There is a limit of one entry per person for the Competition. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not permitted.
Competition entries cannot be returned and, once submitted, can be used by Logitech as set out in these Official Rules.
- Photographs, Audio and Video
Provided that the Participants have signed the Participation and Release Form, Racers agree to be interviewed, photographed and filmed during the Swiss Final of the Competition, and that Logitech, its group companies and their licensees will be entitled to use and exploit any resulting footage, streams, stills, audio and quotes for their own broadcasting and advertising purposes in connection with the Competition, all the finals and/or the Competition, in perpetuity, in all media. Participants may be broadcasted. The consideration for the granting of the rights provided herein is included in the Prizes to be assigned in compliance with these Official Rules.
- COMPETITION OVERVIEW
- Tournament Modalities
1. Racers will enter the Competition to compete within the CH Region, putting their e-racing capabilities and skills to the test. Racers will race during the Registration Period in one of the 7 Racing Stations at Media Markt (Basel, St.Gallen, Dietikon, Dietlikon, Meyrin, Crissier, Grancia). These are the Qualifiers for the Swiss Final. The 7 best Racers, one from each media Markt, will compete in the Swiss Final in Dietlikon on the 18th of December 2021 to win the Competition. The best Racer will win the Competition.
|Sport||ASSETTO CORSA COMPETITZIONE||Mclaren GT 2020||Silverstone||Hotleap Superpole|
2. Participants can play in the above tournament modalities within the region of Switzerland, but they are not allowed to register for another tournament in another region.
Racer who is winning in each of the 7 Racing Stations at Media Markt shall take the qualification position resulting from the Wildcard Qualifier on www.swissgchallenge.ch and will receive an Email and has to confirmed that he will show up in the Swiss Final until the 13th of December 2021 23h59 CET. Logitech shall have the right to backfill the unused qualifying position with the immediate next Racer at Logitech’s discretion.
- Competition Prizes
The seven (7) qualifiers, one from each Media Markt, will race at the Swiss Finale on the 18th of December 2021 in Dietlikon. The Winner of the Swiss Final gets a CHF 2000.- Gift Card from Media Markt. Place 2-3 will receive a Logitech Products from Logitech decided solely by Logitech (value: CHF 429.- and 229.-).
The Racer who wins the Swiss Final will also be classified to compete in the Online European Regional Wildcard Finals.
- Competition Winner Announcement
The winners of the Competition will be announced on December 18, 2021.
Logitech or its agency will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the announcements, using the data provided with the Competition entry.
- Additional Rules
The modalities of the Online European Wildcard Regional Finals and the Grand Final are subject to the additional 2021 Logitech McLaren G Challenge E-Racing Competition Official Rules available here (https://www.logitechgchallenge.com/).
In case of conflict between the Competition Official Rules and the 2021 McLaren G Challenge E-Racing Official Rules, the Competition Official Rules will prevail.
Logitech will not accept:
- responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind;
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of an entry to the Competition; or
- responsibility for any delay, time lag, slow response, congestion of data transmission or slow connection related to any Competition or to in-game activity and actions (including racing related actions), for example, due to remoteness of server(s) or poor internet connection.
All the Prizes listed above represent the consideration for the services performed by Racers in the participation to the Competition during the performance of these Official Rules. In particular:
- Racers are remunerated for their services with an award that varies depending on the stage that Racers achieve; and
- Prizes will be recognized to the relevant Racer for the services performed and Racers will have no claim of any kind in relation to them.
Prizes will be granted only if participating Racers fully comply with these Official Rules. In case of breach of any provision of these Official Rules by Racers, they will be disqualified from the Competition and lose any right to receive the Prizes indicated below.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Logitech, McLaren Racing, Kunos, iRacing their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of participating in the Competition or taking up the Prizes except where it is caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Logitech, McLaren Racing, Kunos, iRacing, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. The winners’ statutory rights are not affected. Furthermore, Logitech, McLaren Racing, Kunos, iRacing, their agents or distributors disclaim any liability regarding any certifications, authorizations or contests authorization related to the Competition or esports.
- Logitech, McLaren Racing, Kunos, iRacing, their agents or distributors accept no responsibility for any costs associated with any prizes or participation in the Competition that are not expressly stated to be their responsibility in these Official Rules. Additionally, each winner of a Prize is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on its income.
- Logitech, McLaren Racing, Kunos, iRacing, their agents or distributors further hold no liability for any injury or damage to any Racer or any other person’s computer or console, relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition save to the extent that (i) death or personal injury is caused by Logitech, McLaren Racing, Kunos, iRacing, their agents or distributors gross negligence; (ii) such liability arises from fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) for any other reason or by any cause which cannot be excluded by law.
- Logitech, McLaren Racing, Kunos, iRacing, their agents or distributors shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations relating to the Competition where the failure is caused by something outside their reasonable control or force majeure (“Force Majeure”). Such Force Majeure shall include, but is not limited to, epidemic, pandemic, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- OWNERSHIP OF COMPETITION ENTRIES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All registration and Competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to Logitech will become the property of Logitech on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting a Competition entry and any accompanying material, the Racer agrees – against Logitech’s commitment to assign the Prizes in compliance with these Official Rules – to:
- assign to Logitech all intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive – within the limits provided by applicable Swiss laws residence – all moral rights in and to the Racers competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with the Racers entry to which the Racers may now or at any time in the future be entitled under all applicable legislations. Any statutory diverging rights are not affected.
- The Racer agrees that Logitech may, but is not required to, make its entry available on its website www.logitechgchallenge.com and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. The Racer agrees to grant Logitech a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, reformat and sublicense the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Racers shall not associate themselves with the Competition in any commercial manner, nor use any intellectual property rights of Logitech, nor modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works, nor shall they permit any third parties to do so, without the prior written consent of Logitech. The recording, dissemination or any exploitation of images of the Competition without Logitech’s prior approval is strictly prohibited.
- DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
- Sharing and Disclosure. Logitech and eStudios AG does not share, trade, rent, sell or otherwise disclose its customer or user information to unaffiliated companies. Logitech and eStudios AG may share Racers’ personal information with consent, or as necessary, with partners involved in the Competition or to provide any operations or support to products and services requested or authorized by the Racer. Without limitation, partners involved in the Competition are: McLaren Racing, Playseat, Beyond Entertainment, Challonge, Esports Engine LLC.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Official Rules, Logitech may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude the Racer from participating in the Competition.
- All decisions regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules, eligibility, scheduling and staging of the Competition lie solely with Logitech (and anyone acting on its behalf), whose decisions are final. Unless otherwise provided for in the mandatory applicable laws of the Region that cannot be derogated from by agreement, Logitech’s decisions cannot be appealed and shall not give rise to any claim for monetary damages or any other legal or equitable remedy. Racers agree to be bound by Logitech’s (and anyone acting on its behalf) final decisions.
- Logitech reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Nothing in these Official Rules shall deprive Racers of consumer protection rights granted by the laws of Switzerland that cannot be derogated from by agreement.
- These Official Rules shall be governed by the laws ofSwitzerland, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of Lausanne.
- A copy of these Official Rules is available here www.swissgchallenge.ch